Next is a recipe including a combination of herbs with chicken strips. It is a unique and flavorsome combo.
Herbs not only improve the taste of foods, but also can help preserve them for longer periods of time.
The last dish is a low-sugar recipe of banana and cocoa. Bananas belong in a potassium-rich diet that can help lower blood pressure; people who eat plenty of potassium have up to a 27 percent lower risk of heart disease. Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium.
When ripe bananas and cocoa powder are combined, you get guilt-free and scrumptious flavors.ZUCCHINI MINI-PIZZAS
Cooking and preparation time: 30 minutes
3 to 4 zucchinis
Salt as required
Dry basil leaves as required
Pizza or marinara sauce (for spreading)
Tikka shan spice
Handful of chopped parsley leaves
1) Wash and cut zucchini in circular form and place in a baking dish.
2) Sprinkle salt, basil leaves and olive oil on the zucchini.
3) Bake in oven on both sides at 375 F (about 7 to 8 minutes)
4) Spread pizza or marinara sauce over each piece.
5) Sprinkle with tikka spice and chopped parsley.
6) Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
7) Bake again at 375 F for 7 to 8 minutes.
8) Dish it up and serve hot.
HERBS AND SPICE MIXED CHICKEN
Cooking and preparation time: 40 minutes
500 gms of boneless chicken thigh
1 teaspoon of garlic paste
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon herb salt
2 tablespoons beaten yoghurt
A small piece of ginger
2 chopped green chilis
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 to 2 teaspoons dry oregano
1 to 2 teaspoons dry marjoram
6 to 8 skewers (soak in water)
1) Cut long thin strips of chicken thigh.
2) Mix garlic paste, lemon, olive oil and herb salt and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
3) To beaten yoghurt, add ginger and chopped green chilis and blend into paste.
4) Add the paste to chicken pieces and mix well.
5) Sprinkle paprika, oregano and marjoram and combine well.
6) Roll each strip on a skewer.
7) Bake/shallow fry it for 10 to 12 minutes on each side.
8) Do not overcook as it may get dry.
9) Serve with salad and bread.
BANANA AND COCOA RAISIN BREAD
Half cup oil
1 cup white sugar
Half cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Half teaspoon salt
Half teaspoon vanilla
Half teaspoon cinnamon
Half cup raisins
Half cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or cocoa powder
1) Peel and mash the bananas in a bowl.
2) Add the oil, eggs and sugar.
3) Stir with a wooden spoon or whisk. (Do not use a beater or mixer as it ruins the texture.)
4) Stir in the dry ingredients and spices.
5) Add the chocolate chips and raisins.
6) Set oven to 350 degrees.
7) Spray your loaf or muffin pans and fill 3/4 to the top.
8) Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
9) Remove from pan and enjoy.